Jan 8, 2012

Welcome to the Soul Screamers Reading Challenge Blog!


The Soul Screamers Reading Challenge will be starting up next Sunday! That's one week from today.

If you're already signed up, YAY! If you still haven't signed up but you'd like to, just click on the button above and you'll be taken to the sign up post with all the details.

I decided to create a blog just for this event to host some additional mini challenges, quizzes and giveaways.

For readers who don't have a blog, Goodreads or Facebook page, I thought this would be a great place for them to guest post their reviews or thoughts about the books rather than on MyReadingPile.com.

I also thought it would be a great place to have discussion questions about the previous month's book where readers can leave any thoughts or comments.

And I also plan to have a few polls during the challenge to see whether after each book month, readers love Nash or Tod and whether people like or hate Sabine.

I haven't worked out all the details yet, but I just thought having a blog dedicated to the challenge would really help with the extras.

I am creating a page which will include links to all reviews (unless they're on private Goodreads pages or non-specific Facebook pages) or discussion posts that happen during the event, should anyone want to stalk them easily, rather than having to check the linky's on the main blog.

This site is just the ANNEX for the main challenge, which is still hosted on Fiktshun. But there will be some extra events here, if you are just so inclined to take part.

AND, if you'd like to host a giveaway or other related event during the challenge, let me know and I'll create a post linking to it here!

Stay tuned...

8 comments:

  1. I think I've known and seen and read heaven now
    ~rests in peace~
    Rachel!
    I LOVE this blog *-*

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a terrific idea! I really need to buy the books now LOL!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Alba - Thanks! I had purchased a design from Parajunkee and she threw this one in since I've purchased so many. I wanted to do all sorts of extras, but I have too much going on, on the main blog so I thought a blog just for the challenge would be great. 15 minutes later I knew exactly what to do because Parajunkee's designs are spectacular and this one is purple!

    @Moonlight Gleam - Thanks Lucy! You really do! This series is such a must read! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay! new blog just for the challenge! I'm excited already!!! I'm really glad that there are lots of participants.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very excited!! :)))) ready to read!!

    bella

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Fiktshun
    I don't think I'll ever see purple the same way ever again...

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Fiktshun
    How should we fill out the form on your main blog if we are going to guest post here? And how would we go about doing that, exactly?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Renee,

    Thanks for your interest in signing up! You can leave the link to this blog with your name in the Linky when you sign up. And it could read Renee @ SSRC so I would know you planned on posting it here.

    If you want to have a review posted, I'll post that on your behalf if you email me the review or book discussion at Fiktshun[at]gmail[dot]com. You would just let me know how you would like the post attributed and I would post it on the same day you email it.

    I will not make any edits or changes to your post. But I will format it for the blog.

    The header would say something like GUEST REVIEW: My Soul to Take by Renee

    And once it was posted I would email you the link so you could add it, along with your details, to that month's Linky on my main blog.

    If this works then I'm happy to post any positive thoughts you have about the books!

    ReplyDelete