May 8, 2012

Reading Mind's Review of My Soul to Steal

My Soul to Steal

This is probably my least favorite books of the series, maybe because I didn't really like Kaylee in this installment. She was lacking self-confidence and was a little bit erratic. But let's see why.

In My Soul to Steal, Kaylee is trying to get to trust Nash again but the idiot- sorry, I wanted to say Nash- has clearly decided it's okay to mess up with her, because now that his ex girlfriend Sabine, a mara, is back and he's not with Kaylee anymore (even if he wants to come back with her), he spends lots of time with this sex-personified girl.

I don't want to really add anything to this summary because I don't want to spoil the book, but I have to say that Kaylee should know better than put up with all the crap Nash is trying to make her buy. She is usually strong and independent, but in this book she seems to take a step back. She's unsure about Nash, she doesn't know what to do, and she is jealous and has every right to be so, because I don't feel like Nash is acting quite right towards her. I mean, spending all that time with a girl who feeds on fear? Nope, Nash, you're doing it the wrong way. And Sabine…God, I hated her! She's always in the way of Kaylee and Nash and she's a pretty mean and nasty girl. Luckily, we get to see more of Tod in MSTS, and we finally start to see how his affection for Kaylee grows, how he's willing to help her in any way he can. At least, one of the Hudson's boys is doing right to our lovely girl! And his humor is one of the things I love the most about my favorite reaper.

I also liked Alec quite a lot and was glad we had the chance to know him a little bit better. And Emma, too, was really enjoyable and I'm always very pleased to see her around.

This book is more focused on relationships rather than the action and there is a major cliffhanger, so make sure to have the next book near so you can dive right into it.

Anyway, apart from the whole Kaylee-Nash-Sabine drama, I have to say that Rachel is doing an incredible work with this series: it started off quite calmly but now you can see how much the characters have grown, how they have changed and become more mature. I love when a series develops like this, it feels 'real', and so do the characters, which are not perfect but are absolutely believable.

I gave the book 4 stars, both on my first reading and now on this re-reading. It wasn't a 5 only because I wanted the next book and had to wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment